The team has a number of advantages:
- It is available on a per task basis, .e.g if your primary team is otherwise occupied or they could use support.
- It includes people with significant training and R&D experience.
- We've done it a few times.
- Includes people with a diverse set of skills across all levels, i.e. we are not just a group of engineer consultants :-), like (...)
- A variety of measurement equipment in order to check local measurements, e.g. grounding, isolation or system output.
The other why is why bother for which the answer is:
- To work with nice people
- On interesting projects
- And be helpful