Low load diesels allow us to significantly increase renewable energy contribution without energy storage by increasing Spinning Reserve. For example:
- 40% loading implies a peak contribution of 60%
- 10% loading implies a peak contribution of 90%
We have been involved in all parts of this including:
- Initial work at Denham providing reverse power protection.
- Further work at a variety of WA sites such as Bremer Bay.
- Recent trials and operations in the NT. This is probably one of the largest trials compromising a large fleet of different engine types.